Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Great Day

Today was a very good day! I walked with a friend, worked on my book, met with my Acquisitions Editor, had a doctor's appointment and found a place to write without interruptions!

That last bit is the most important.

I set up a meeting with Stephanie, my editor (still love saying that!) at a locally owned coffee shop. This shop is ALWAYS open, has great coffee and tea, a couple of sofas lots of tables and chairs -- and free wifi access. It came to me like a lightening strike as I was getting ready for this meeting: "this coffee shop is your new workspace!" Well duh!

I won't be interrupted by phone calls, or knocks on the door. I won't have to get up and take out the dogs every hour. I won't have to choose which dog gets to sit on my lap to help me write my book.

I will purchase coffee or tea.

I will move my car however often is necessary.

I will be grateful for the quiet, anonymous space. Yea! (and I won't abuse these priviledges.)

Back to the meeting: Stephanie was quite impressed with the work I have done so far and told me that I was right on schedule. I thought I was running behind. We had a great brainstorming session and I feel like I can take on the world, one chapter at a time.

Yes, today was a very good day.

No comments: