Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Learning Curve

This past Saturday I had my first arts and crafts show jewelry booth experience. I didn’t make many sales, but I handed out a bunch of my cards so it was a good exposure. None of the booths around me made money either, so I guess the economic situation is hitting pretty hard. Speaking of cards, though, I will have to update my cards pretty soon, but I still have quite a few on hand. To tide me over, I had a stamp made at Office Depot that says:

So now I have an updated card with printing on both sides for only about $20. I thought that was a great deal.

(Here's a bad photo of me with part of my booth set-up. Check out my Rosary Bracelet display.)I had my first Etsy sale this weekend. And, I have listed a bunch of books on Half.com and have sold three textbooks. So, what does this tell me? I think the internet is my future (at least for the time being!)


Today I am working on descriptions of some of my new pieces for Etsy and hope to get them uploaded soon. In the meantime here are some pictures of a few of them.

(I don't know why this is turned side-ways -- go figure! It's the necklace I am wearing in the above photo.) Suggestions for names would be greatly appreciated. (Leave comments – I can’t read your mind!)

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Howdy!

Linda said...

Are you going to put the rosary bracelets on Etsy? I wish I could see them better than in the pic from your show-- it's not clickable.

EmandaJ said...

Hi Linda,

Thanks for visiting. Jackie bought two of the rosaries after our breakfast meeting on Saturday. I need to make a few more to put up on Etsy and to take to convention in October. That just boils down to "better get busy!"

Emanda
ArtemisiaStudio.Etsy.com

Kate said...

What a great idea for your cards! And Sauvy too!

Kate said...

Emanda, if you are still looking for a name, for the second necklace down, what came to mind for me is a rather Egyptian inspired piece. But since it has all those lovely pearls in there that has to be taken into consideration. How about, 'Off the Coast of Egypt', Or 'Egyptian Shores'? It's very pretty and a very different design!