Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It is Holy Week, and for those who do not know what that is, it is the rememberance of the Passion of Christ, his final days and hours before his death. In our house (a clergy household, my hubby is an Episcopal priest) the schedule of extra services can be a bit hectic.

The first year we were married, our One Year Anniversary fell on the day after Easter. Not really so bad, except my husband, who had been serving two small churches and therefore double the number of extra services, was exhausted. (I think we counted 13 services from Sunday to Sunday and the churches were 22 miles apart). I was exhausted too, because I was expected to be present at both communities' special services. Whew! We laugh about it now that he only serves one church, but that was rough!

I sometimes say that Holy Week in a clergy household is kind of like "Hell Week" at a frat house! Oy! For that reason, I try to schedule as little as possible in my life so that I can be a pool of calm for my beloved, when he comes home from work.

This year, things are a bit different. I have an interview tomorrow (fingers crossed!!) and I have been making some jewelry. I was pleasantly surprised by the order of a Salvation Bracelet in my Etsy Shop this morning. I had to scramble a bit because I thought I had run out of the cloisonne crosses. I searched high and low, and then went looking in the local Hobby Lobby and Michael's without success (no surprise here). While I was looking for an acceptable alternative in my stash, I found two cloisonne crosses!

So, here is the finished product. It is going to be a confirmation gift for a young lady.


So, tell me, what are your plans for this weekend? Are you going to any special religious services (It's Passover too)? are you going to hit the parks and enjoy the beautiful spring weather? Are you going to spend time with family and/or friends? Inquiring (and nosy) minds want to know!

P.S. Go {HERE} to enter the Pass It On Challenge to win the Bendweed Beetle Bracelet when I publish my 100th post (this is #95)

1 comment:

Regina said...

Hi Emanda, A very Holy and Happy Easter to you and your family. I will say a prayer and wish you the best at your interview. The bracelet is beautiful. I work on Thursday and Friday, but will take some time off to attend services on Good Friday. Saturday is home, quiet and work on my taxes. Then early sunrise services on Easter Sunday. Then I plan to cook a special meal for me and my husband. Have a good week!