Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Party! Party! Virtual Bead Soup Party! {Woohoo}

I am going to have a drawing for this pair of earrings from the comments on this blog post – (I will draw a random number on Saturday afternoon).

There are 85 (eighty-five!!) participants in the Virtual Bead Soup Party and the big REVEAL is TODAY!!! Check out the list below.

Judy Glende was my swap buddy. Here’s what I did with the gorgeous turquoise beads and the hand-wrought copper cross she sent me.

{Click on photo to enlarge} Originally I thought we were to create something from the beads and send it back to our partner. I was so excited to make something especially for her – then I found out what I was making was for ME! You need to make sure you visit her blog (http://judithdesigns.blogspot.com/ ) to see what she did with the enameled butterfly and beads I sent to her.

It took me three sessions to check out all the participants when the list was posted on Lori Anderson's blog but my suggestion is to jump in the middle of the list and work backwards or forwards – just make sure you see all the blogs and make a comment.
Now sit back and enjoy all this wonderful beady goodness provided by all these talented artists.

Party Participants
1. Lori,
Pretty Things Blog OUR HOSTESS
2. Mallory,
For the Love of Beads
3. Terri,
Blooming Ideas
4. Cindy,
Sweet Bead Studio
5. Lorelei,
Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
6. Kerry,
Kab's Creative Concepts
7. Erin,
Treasures Found
8. Jeannette,
Jeannette Blix Wire and Metal Jewelry
9. Adrienne,
Adrienne Designs
10. Nan,
Spirit Rattles
11. Laurel,
Rue's Daftique
12. Nancy,
Beading From the Heart
13. Mary,
MK's Creative Musings
14. Cassie,
The Glass Beadle
15. Dot,
Winchell Clayworks
16. Sharon,
Sharon's Jewelry Garden
17. Lisa,
Lo and Behold
18. Norma,
Bead Dreams and Moonlit Fantaseas
19. Judith,
Judith B. MY SWAP BUDDY
20. Debbie,
Prairie Emporium
21. Maria,
Garden Path Beads
22. Susan,
Kaplan Creations Jewelry and Glass Design
23. Melissa,
Melissa Meman: Art, Love, Life
24. Marianna,
Pretty Shiny Things
25. Lisa,
Joolz by Lisa
26. Cristi,
2 If By Sea
27. Sandra,
Marbella Jewelry Design
28. Maria,
Greene Earth Originals
29. Barbara,
Jewelry of Distinction
30. Leslie,
Bei Mondi
31. Loretta,
Designs by Loretta
32. Linda,
Bella Bead Jewelry
33. Kathie,
The Bead Cult
34. Patty,
Plays With Fire
35. Nicki,
Nicki's Reef
36. Anne Marie,
Heart's Desire
37. Mary,
Mary Harding Jewelry
38. Jayne,
Mama's Got to Doodle
39. Emanda,
Artemesia's Studio {ME}
40. Whitney,
Whitney Lassini
41. Marcie,
La Bella Joya
42. Suzann,
Beadphoria
43. Jen,
Jen Judd Rocks
44. Julie,
Credit River Art Glass
45. Janiece,
J Birds Garden
46. Kate,
Organic Odysseys
47. Laurie,
The Mermaid Tale
48. Michelle,
My Crazy Crafty Adventure
49. Sue,
Sue Beads
50. Janeen,
Janeen 365
51. Nancy,
The Rabbit Muse
52. Kristie,
Artisan Clay
53. Regina,
Regina's Writings
54. Tari,
Pearl and Pebble
55. Lyn,
Lyn Foley
56. Beth,
Sunshine Daydreamz
57. Cathryn,
Chile Cats
58. Emma,
Fred Bean's Nook
59. Connie,
Cetta Cheese Chatter
60. Juli,
Jul's Beads
61. Julie,
RockerJewlz
62. Libby,
LibbyLeu and Glass Too
63. Melanie,
Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
64. Katie,
My Life and My Beads
65. Zuleykha,
Zuleykha's Polymer Clay
66. Rekella,
Me But a Little More in Depth
67. Ricki,
What's New at Ricki Voges Design
68. Lisa,
Lucid Moon Studio
69. Jo,
Daisychain Jewellery
70. Lynette,
Rock Hill Designs
71. Lynne,
Island Girl's Insights
73. Chas,
One Woman's Haven
74. Ruthie,
Rose Works Jewelry
75. Elizabeth,
Turquoise Sky
76. Maire,
Maire Dodd
77. Janet,
Singing Woods
78. Eileen,
Dorset Hill Beads
79. Julie,
Miss Kitten's Jewels
80. Joann,
Jo's Jewels
81. Patti,
PJ Clark Designs
82. Mel,
Kookie Designs
83. Erin,
Every Heart Crafts
84. Dale,
Flights of Fancy
85. Dee,
Runako Designs

46 comments:

Adrienne Jewelry Designs said...

Amazing! What a beautiful rosary and what wonderful supplies you received! I am so excited for you...because you get to keep it for yourself :) Lucky, Lucky, Lucky Girl! Congrats on a beautiful creation1!

Rickie said...

Emanda, what a beautiful piece you designed with your bead soup--great job!

Regina said...

Emanda, it's wonderful, what a special piece, something you will always treasure.

Kella said...

Its a beautiful keepsake and your combination of beads works really beautifully.

Lorelei Eurto said...

Outstanding piece Emanda! I love the pendant on this, it's so terrific!

Erin Siegel said...

Beautiful!

Judy said...

Emanda...I love it! The rosary necklace is beautiful! When I found out we were paired I knew I wanted to make you a cross. I hope you will enjoy your new necklace.

Heather Powers said...

i love the contempory rendition of such a classic design. it's wonderful!

Kate said...

Emanda, I think you win the participant with the most enthusiasm and joy for this event! :) I know you have been beside yourself to show what you made, and got me wondering too! I love it! I especially love these colors to start with and the copper of course, and it matches your blog so well too! I love what you did with the copper washers and beads, looks tricky, and so cool!

Enjoy the Party!
Kate Organic Odysseys #46

Pretty Things said...

What a lovely creation!!!!!


Thanks for being a part of the party -- we'll do it again soon!

Lisa said...

So lovely! That copper cross is beautiful.

JBird's Garden said...

Heavenly! Really - this piece is beautiful...a keeper for sure!

Terri said...

Very pretty! What a great soup party!

Cathryn said...

That copper cross and the turquoise beads are so rich and stunning! Excellently done with such a personal touch! I like it!

Marcie Abney Carroll said...

Haha! Well, whoever the piece is for, it's perfect and I'm sure anyone would love to wear it. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

it's quite lovely, beautiful work!

Kerry said...

thanks for the cup of soup!

Unknown said...

I really like the dangles you used & the wrapping you did on the washer, this is really wonderful.

Jen Judd said...

That's so gorgeous! I love how you featured that beautiful cross. :)

Spirited Earth said...

this is really beautiful

Round Rabbit said...

So pretty, Emanda! Aren't glad you get to keep it?! (I would be;)

Connie said...

way cool rosary necklace and pretty earrings, too. yes, this has been great fun!

Jo Ann Gallagher said...

Beautiful, beautiful piece! You did such an awesome job! I recognize the butterfly.. already visited that blog! lol

Unknown said...

That is a very Lovely feminine piece!
Its just Lovely I really love what you created.

Mary K. McGraw said...

Beautiful rosary and cross.

Patty said...

Emanda, the wire wrapping is wonderful, and the piece has a spirit all its own. Very nice. :-)

jessememan said...

Emanda...what a gorgeous job you did! I absolutely love this piece!

Dee said...

Emanda...what a beautiful Rosary. I love the colors and how they all come together..I've checked out the rest of your work and the rosaries are fabulous!!

Julie said...

So glad you get to keep this beautiful rosary for yourself, Emanda... you did a wonderful job! I love Judy's cross... it's simply perfect.

Loretta said...

I love the cross. You did a great job of designing. Enjoy!

Mary Harding said...

Wonderful design which gives the cross such dignity and serenity.

Libby Leuchtman said...

You did such a great job. I love the cross.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Your piece is lovely :)

Unknown said...

It really came out great! The cross is amazing :)

Sharon said...

Such a beautiful necklace, and I love the copper with the muted green stones!

Pearl and Pebble said...

Emanda it's gorgeous! I love the turquoise and copper. I love it! (oh and I'm STILL checking in on everyone so don't feel bad about splitting up sessions!)

Heart's Desire Jewelry said...

How beautiful! The words that come to mind when I look at your creation is natural and serene. I just get a sense of peace and calm when I look at it, as if I'm looking at a beautiful landscape. Nice job!

Patti said...

Very nice! I don't think you can go wrong with copper.

Doreen said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! It really has been fun looking at everyone's Bead Soup creations. I did a quick look around, but want to spend more time looking at what all the participants made. I love what you did with the cross pendant...very pretty!!

Juli Cannon said...

Beautiful~ that copper cross is such a unique idea and you have made it shine!

Kynthia said...

that's really pretty!

Nicki said...

Emanda, I love the color of the beads with the copper cross. Makes me want to go bead. Very nice and light creation.

Michelle Mach said...

I love the lightweight look of this necklace--really showcases the focal beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Great work! I love that cross. The design is nice and delicate too.

melanie brooks said...

What a great rosary design... really artsy and innovative! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy said...

Emanda, your necklace is gorgeous. Judy's stamped cross is incredible..and I love the colors of your rosary style necklace. What a nice surpise that we all got to keep our Bead Soup creations, eh? :-) Yours is a real keepsake.