Sunday, July 19, 2009

Color, Colour,

If you have been reading along the last few posts, you will know I am about to jump into the artistic abyss – with glee!


Color has been on my mind lately. I love color, I could not really tell you which color is my favorite one, I love them all. Part of this thing with color comes from a presentation at our local quilt guild. The speaker gave us a basic talk on color the other day but I know there is a lot more to it. She spoke about how the printers of fabric help us match fabric colors with the little colored dots in the selvedges and she spoke briefly about the color wheel.


I have another method for squeezing out the color from an image. I open the images in “Paint” and then I “select all” and grab a corner and manipulate it until the image is pixilated into large blocks.


I plan on using these rendered pairs to create interesting textural pieces. Exactly how they will look once I have finished, I will be as surprised to know as you. Now, I have to get in the studio and let the muse guide my hand. I am really looking forward to that!

2 comments:

Lorena Angulo said...

Good Luck!!!
I am pretty sure they will look amazing!

Cindy Gimbrone said...

Hi Emanda,

That's a great tip on how to pull color swatches out of a painting. I love it - very helpful! I never knew the thing about the dots on the selvages of fabric. Cool - I've learned something new!

Thanks for sharing your great tips!

Cindy