Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm not much of a blogger . . .

I can't seem to get in the habit of sitting down and downloading (or is it uploading) my thoughts into a digital format. I never was much for journalling either. Anyway, I've been happily making interesting things in my studio and enjoying the creative spirit of my "artist friends".

We're going to have a show in the spring and it will be amazing. More about that later.

The Faculty and Staff show had its opening reception on Tuesday. My piece "Peace and Caritas: Why can't we get along like peas and carrots" wasn't really displayed the way I had wished, but it still looks good and is in wonderful company. My piece is just a few paces from the Oil and Enamel on Wood with Gold Leaf triptych painted by my friend Pam Burnley Schol and they look wonderful together. Hers are incredible portraits/still-lifes of melons and shallots all tied in twine and mine are little poly-clay carrots and pea-pods with green freshwater pearls on a gold chain. We're right next to the ceramic creations of dean Robert Milnes. It's so exciting to show with such talented artists of all strips.

Speaking of artists of all stripes. My artist friends who will be showing together in the spring are from a broad spectrum of backgrounds and talents. Arvind is a documentarian, Rene is a sculptor, Karen is a fiber artist as is Lauren. Jung is a photographer, Christina is a composer (of music). And I'm a . . . what am I? I work in a bunch of different media, poly-clay, fiber, jewelry, found objects. We'll see what I become over the next few weeks and months.

No comments: